The Shine Group businesses believe that making money is not the only reason to be in business. Our actions have a positive impact on our teams, clients, community and planet. We create positive impact in many ways and it all starts with our teams. Our teams are made up of loyal, driven, goal oriented and passionate people. We believe our teams and clients deserve the very best that we have to offer. We pride ourselves in achieving our goals and we thrive in having a like-minded people contributing to those successes.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants more from his or her role and environment. If you want to be challenged, grow personally and professionally and feel like you want your contribution to count, then we’re the right place. However you need to be someone who will thrive in an environment with our values and beliefs. The specific role we are looking to fill is dynamic and will have a lot of variety. We strive to always deliver on what we promise and we are looking for a contributor who wants to exceed expectations. We need someone who is ready to jump in to action and hit the ground running. That means in addition to the attitude and culture fit, you have the skills to deliver our book keeping requirements. We value willingness to learn and a great, positive attitude. We are serious about finding the right person. So if this sounds like you and your that right person, we hope we have captured your attention.
Full time or we are open to the possibility of two part time staff members who have shared and specific roles and responsibilities. Range for full time salaried position $50,000-$70,000 negotiable based on experience. Housing in East Jackson is available to full time employees. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- General Journal: Prepare and enters daily transaction entries as required, ensuring accounting transactions have been accurately recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company guidelines. Reconciles all transactions for clarity and accuracy.
- Accounts Receivable: Perform all activities of the accounts receivable function to ensure the accurate and timely management of all A/R components including invoicing, deposits, collections, revenue recognition and reporting.
- Accounts Payable: Perform all activities of the accounts payable function to ensure the accurate and timely processing of invoices, accurate recording of transactions, 1099 issuance, monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants for payment, monitor collection of sales tax and remit payments in accordance with standards.
- Payroll: Perform all actions for payroll functions to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll checks. Submit payroll taxes.
- Performs weekly cash management and forecast.
- Prepares and provides on time a monthly balance sheet, budget vs. actual, and all monthly financial pack reporting.
- Responsible for bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure the accurate and timely closing of the general ledger.
- Assures all transactions are recorded in adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage issuance of corporate credit cards and ensure transactions are recorded appropriately.
- Maintain, file and ensure all required statutory filings with all governmental agencies are completed on time and correctly.
- Provides guidance to owners in respect to accounting policies and technical accounting interpretations.
- A positive attitude
- High attention to detail
- Meticulous record keeping
- Able to be highly confidential and trustworthy with all information
- Able to work independently
- Values theirs and others time. Strong time management skills with a conscious ability to prioritize.
- Adaptable and enjoy working in a growing environment
- Accountable and understands the necessity of delivering on goals
- Open to new ideas and experiences
Knowledge & Skill
- GAAP – Thorough understanding and experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel and the ability to learn new software programs
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in accounting
- 5+ years of accounting and finance experience
- Ability to function as the expert in your assigned role and responsibility.